Visa options in Thailand for a year or less?

Here's how to stay a year or less in Thailand if you are under 50 and don't want to start a business, get a job, or even retire.

Home   All Advice

Want to stay in Thailand for more than three months and up to a year?

Options are not that great if you don't want to retire and don't want to get a job, go to school, retire or start a business in Thailand. So what to do?

90 days

The best way to do this is still to get a 60 day Tourist Visa from outside of Thailand and then apply for a 30 day extension in Thailand. After this time, you can make a quick flight to Vietnam, Bali, Cambodia, Malaysia or Indonesia and get another tourist visa. Rinse and repeat up to 5 times per year. Get this Visa.

3 Months + Extension

The "O" visa is good if you want to visit your wife or other Thai family here. This lasts for 3 months and you can potentiall request an extension for 3 more months at a time. And if you are want to stay a longer time, you can apply for a one year extension for Volunteer, Marriage, Education or Retirement. Get this visa.

3 to 9 Months

Finally, for stays between 3 and 9 months, the STV visa is still the best bet. You do have to prepay where you are staying for at least 3 months though. And you cannot transfer to another visa. But its a great way to explore Thailand and figure out if you want to stay here long term. Get this visa.

Need help getting these Visas?

If you just want a clean and easy experience to get any of these visas, contact us. We will make sure your paperwork is flawless and handle the application for you. Just mail us at: 

Quick note.. we will also do your Thailand Pass for free!

Related Are Thailand's New 10 Year Visas worth it for you? How to work REMOTELY in Thailand Getting a 5 and 10 year Retirement Visa in Thailand Thailand Visa for under 50 years old - 3 top things you need... From 30 day Tourist to Retired Visa in Thailand. What visas apply to you in Thailand?
"Very professional and very friendly. They are very acknowledge about Visa, Thailand etc."
~ Pierre Deschesnes
© Smile House International Co.,Ltd. & Baan Smile 2022 · Privacy · Terms